Your E-mail:
Get the latest news, tips and
free advice every month
How often do you bathe your horse?
Horse Breeds at Report Abuse

We want your experience on HorseChannel to be fun and safe. If you see any entries in the photo gallery or horse profiles that are offensive or obvious attempts at advertising, please submit the information below.

Date:7/9/2014 9:12:03
* Your email address:   
Comment being reported:

Hi Pippin, here's a vote for ya. So we're still in the later part of 2002 and I had just gotten a new 2003 truck in Aug. It had a little paint problem and after show season we would take care of it. Good thing I didn't trade in my 1991 diesel for it. I got home on a sunday afternoon after dropping the truck off at the dealers for them to send out for the paint repairs. Anyhow, about 2 pm I go to let the horse's out and H.T. is in distress. Colic! Call my vet, Oh Oh, he's on vacation! Got the emergency vet to come out about 3:30 she got here! Oh yeah he was colicing big time. But 7 pm my good friend was here and we were headed to the equine hospital I use. We got there a little after 9 pm, wow, full staft waiting in the parking lot as we pulled in! He got better treatment than a human going to the emergency room. After a ton of tests, it was deamed either surgery immediately or he was a gonner! Okay, the insurance company gave the go a head, weather they did or not, I gave the go a head and would pay for it. He was in surgery for almost 3 hours. When Dr. Patty Doyle walked into the waiting room smiling, I knew he made it! He was in recovery and we could go and see him shortly! He looked so pathictic! He had to have a muzzle on and was hooked up to all kinds of IV bottles and stuff. I was in shock! He would be in the hospital at least a week they said! And they told me, it would be a roller coaster ride, he would have good days and bad days and hopefully pull thru this. We left at 3 am to come home. I sleep for a couple of hours, feed junior and bullseye and left for the 2 hour ride back to the hospital to spend the day with him. More to come!
What a great day down by Paige today! She's really getting it together now! I think we've really got the buttons in the right places now! Karen said that this was my best ever ride on her and we looked awesome! Got home and played with my Indy boy. He's my lover boy! We got like 6 or 7 inches more of snow last night and thankfully some of it melted off today with the 40 degree day and sunshine! So I didn't really finish plowing the driveway and didn't run the snow thrower at all. Love ya, Marion and the blondies.
* Reason why this is being reported: 

Top Products