According to an IDEXX Laboratories survey of more than 2,000 horse owners and trainers regarding equine lameness, joint pain is plaguing our horses. Here’s what respondents said:
• Approximately 50 percent revealed that their horses suffer from some form of lameness.
• More than 67 percent reported that joint problems and inflammation keep their horses from feeling in top form.
• 54 percent said arthritis is the main cause of lameness.
• Dressage, saddleseat, barrel racing and jumping were the disciplines that saw the highest incidence of joint pain.
• 69 percent said they first noticed signs of joint pain when their horses were 9 years or older.
Give us your opinion on