Follow these trailer tips to ensure a pleasant journey.
• Lubricate the hitch ball with some sort of grease. Never let it get dry.
• Remember to shut windows to prevent rain from getting into the trailer when it’s not being used.
• Always hose off floors and mats if a horse urinates on them and clean out your trailer after each use.
• Spray WD-40 on hinges every once in a while.
• Keep an equine first-aid kit in the trailer or truck at all times.
• If you haven’t used the trailer in a while, check the lug nuts on the wheels to make sure they are tight.
• Make sure you have the correct tool for unfastening the lug nuts if you have a flat tire.
• Travel with a trailer jack.
• Invest in a mobile phone if you are going to be trailering horses.
• Always carry a 5-gallon container of water; you never know when you’ll need it for the horses.
• Pack an extra halter and lead rope in the trailer for each horse—just in case!
Give us your opinion on