2009 Horse Illustrated Photo Contest - The Spirit of the Horse
The horse's grace, beauty and overall spirit capture our hearts. Whether in action, expression, a majestic stance or a shared moment, Horse Illustrated wants you to capture that spirit with a camera for our 2009 Photo Contest, "The Spirit of the Horse."
The contest is open to amateur photographers only. One entry per person. Entries should be focused, well-composed high-resolution photos at 300 dpi (no smaller than 3" x 5") of your horse taken in a hazard-free environment. With your submission, please include:
- Your name, address, phone number and e-mail
- Horse's name, age, gender and breed (if known)
- Brief photo caption or description
The contest will be judged on the quality of the photograph. Here are some expert tips to help you capture the perfect shot!
- Early morning or late afternoon lighting is the most flattering.
- Photos should portray safe, responsible horsemanship.
- Keep backgrounds clean and uncluttered.
- Groom your horse. A clean horse makes a world of difference!
- For hardcopy submissions, film or professionally printed digital photos produce the best-quality images.
The deadline for entries is June 1. The winning images will be featured in the September issue of Horse Illustrated and online at HorseChannel.com.
This year, submit your photos online! If you're submitting a digital image, read this first.
You can upload your image using the form below
Mail entries to:
Horse Illustrated Photo Contest "The Spirit of the Horse"
P.O. Box 8237
Lexington, KY 40533
Photos accompanied by incomplete entries will not be eligible. All entries become the property of Horse Illustrated and will not be returned. The judge's decisions are final, and the winners will be notified by mail.
Need some inspiration? Check out these tips from equine photographer Bob Langrish.